“When you look someone in the eye and you shoot them dead, you come back a different person.”
– Phil Bronstein, executive chairman for the Center for Investigative Reporting
On Thursday, CIR’s Executive Director Robert J. Rosenthal interviewed Executive Chair Phil Bronstein in a live conference call with members about Bronstein’s explosive story “The Shooter.” The piece was published in cooperation with Esquire.
Take a moment to listen to Bronstein give an inside peek at how he found The Shooter, how the story was produced and how his reporting has affected veterans issues.
Some of the topics you’ll hear him discuss:
• How he confirmed The Shooter was, in fact, the one who shot Osama bin Laden.
• Why The Shooter left the military four years before he could retire with benefits.
• How The Shooter is doing now.
• The impact that the story made in Congress, across the U.S. and around the world.
Hear the audio below:
Please share this recording with your friends, family and social media followers. This is the second in a series of short updates that takes you behind the scenes – and expands the impact – of our investigations.