Behind the Smiles
Amazon’s internal records expose the true toll of its relentless drive for domination
As Amazon Prime promises one-day shipping, Amazon workers pay the price. Documents show that in California, Oregon, Indiana and elsewhere, Amazon workers are injured at high rates.
- Listen: Amazon: Behind the Smiles
- Watch: Amazon’s ‘culture of safety’ under the spotlight
- Watch: Whistleblower: Amazon let off the hook after worker’s death
- Interactive: Find out what injuries are like at the Amazon warehouse that handled your packages
Confidential documents reveal the company leaders’ deception about the consequences of Prime Day, its robots and more.
- Listen: Catching Amazon in a lie
- Watch: The truth about injuries at Amazon
- Interactive: What are injury rates like at Amazon warehouses?
Inside Amazon’s Failures to Protect Your Data: Internal Voyeurs, Bribery Scandals and Backdoor Schemes
For years, the retail giant has been keeping something from you: It’s handled your information much less carefully than it handles your packages.
- Listen: Amazon leaks
The company has marketed itself as a climate change leader, but a report obtained by Reveal highlights the pitfalls of relying on voluntary commitments.
Amazon’s Warehouse Quotas Have Been Injuring Workers for Years. Now, Officials Are Taking Action.
January 19, 2022
September 25, 2021
May 25, 2021
October 15, 2020
2020 finalist, explanatory reporting
The Gerald Loeb Awards
Investigative Reporters and Editors
2019 large radio