Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting engages and empowers the public through investigative journalism and groundbreaking storytelling that sparks action, improves lives, and protects our democracy. The Reveal website, public radio program, podcast and social media platforms are where we publish our multiplatform work. We are regularly recognized for our excellence, creativity, and impact.
We are seeking a part-time operations associate to provide administrative support across the organization. The operations assistant position is critical in supporting the senior leadership team and maintaining smooth operations and a creative and professional environment.
- Respond to requests from staff and external stakeholders, providing a high level of customer service
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including providing support for special mailings and overseeing delivery and return of equipment and supplies for remote staff members
- Order office supplies and manage inventory
- Scheduling and meeting support, including logistics and communications for staff and team meetings
- Update and maintain organizational documents, including formatting and organizing information to make it easily accessible to staff
- Maintain digital filing systems, including scanning paper files for complete move to digital filing systems, and implementation support for new contract management system
- Provide administrative support for onboarding and offboarding employees, and support for some HR and benefits paperwork
- Run errands as needed
- When it is safe to do so, this position will provide on-site receptionist and office support at our facility in Emeryville, as well as providing support for local events and organizing travel logistics
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferred 2-4 years of administrative experience, ideally providing support for office operations
- Strong skills in Google Suite products, ability to troubleshoot basic office software (Zoom, Slack, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work with limited oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people with a variety of responsibilities and from a range of life experiences and backgrounds
- Outstanding internal and external customer service skills
Reveal has a strong commitment to diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will develop a diverse candidate pool for this position.
This position is a 60% part-time position with scheduling flexibility with benefits. Reveal offers a generous compensation package that currently includes:
- 50% coverage of health, dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% for dependents
- Retirement benefits, including employer matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Annual office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Opportunity for sabbatical leave
Our staff is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic; we will only consider candidates who are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and are able to work on-site when it is safe for our office to reopen. Although our office is currently closed, some tasks for this position will require minimal in-person activities (e.g., picking up mail and dropping off checks at the bank) using proper safety procedures.
Please use this link to apply.