We’re looking for a temporary audio producer to join our team to work with reporters in our newsroom and outside contributors to create groundbreaking, narrative, investigative audio stories. Our focus is on accountability journalism. We strive to expose wrongdoing, hold the powerful accountable and create meaningful impact through imaginative storytelling. As a member of CIR/Reveal, you’ll be part of one of the nation’s largest dedicated platforms for investigative journalism, now airing on more than 560 public radio stations and through podcast platforms.
This is a temporary position contracted through mid-December 2023. You will work closely with other producers, reporters, editors and our host on both long form narrative stories and shorter interview segments. Some stories may include collaborations with digital reporters who have little or no experience in audio storytelling.
CIR/Reveal develops stories that reflect the diversity of this country; high cultural competency in your editorial work and with colleagues in the workplace is a must for this position. This position reports to one of our senior radio editors.
- Working with CIR/Reveal reporters and outside partners to produce narrative investigative stories
- Working with CIR/Reveal’s host on interviews and narrative segments
- Creating production plans, recording in-person and remote interviews
- Structuring, writing and fact checking scripts
- Writing promos, billboards, and show descriptions for CIR/Reveal’s website and podcast
- Pulling audio selects in Descript
- Editing and mixing audio in ProTools
- Contributing to the unique voice, style and spirit of CIR/Reveal by participating in listening and pitch sessions and team meetings
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience producing unique, impactful stories on topics that people care about
- At least three years of experience in radio or podcasting production
- Ability to identify characters, scenes and questions that produce great audio stories
- Experience setting up and managing a field production, and recording high quality audio
- Experience writing for radio, and using sound to bring characters and scenes to life
- Mastery of audio editing software, preferably, ProTools
- Love collaboration and be prepared to do a lot of it, both inside CIR/Reveal and with our editorial partners
- Skilled in giving thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest journalistic standards under deadline pressure
This will be a temporary, full-time position lasting through mid-December 2023. The salary range for this position will be $43.27-$50.48/hr, depending on experience. The temporary audio producer may work remotely or at Reveal’s office space in San Francisco, CA.
CIR/Reveal offers the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement benefits
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Sick leave
- Monthly phone/internet reimbursement
Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to diversify our workforce. In addition to valuing diverse life experiences and backgrounds, we look for people with relentlessness, camaraderie and a drive to make a difference. We recognize that candidates may not meet all the criteria outlined, but if you are passionate about our work and have a vision to share with us, please apply. We will carefully consider every serious applicant.
Deadline to submit applications is Tuesday, August 15, 2023.
Please use this link to apply.