As part of a February 2019 episode, we investigated the laws surrounding concussions in high school sports – and where they fall short. We learned that school districts across the country are surprisingly inconsistent when it comes to tracking concussions.
We want to arm listeners with the tools to get that info on their own. That’s where you come in.
Join our network, and you’ll receive a list of questions for your school district about concussion policies. These are questions crafted by our reporters, accompanied by directions specifying who to contact at your school district.
This network is open to anyone who is interested – whether it’s parents of students, students themselves, journalists or community members. We’re particularly interested in helping elevate the work of student journalists.
- The Denver Post: Jeffco Public Schools hired a nurse to help students who suffer concussions succeed in the classroom
- Santa Fe Reporter: SFPS sees mix of decreases, increases of youth concussions in football programs
- KUNC Colorado Edition: KUNC investigates concussions in youth sports
- Reveal: Think Globally, Report Locally
- Santa Fe Reporter: Late to the Game – Ten years after head injury law adopted, New Mexico lacks uniform guidelines for student athlete concussions.
- Santa Fe Reporter: “Reported” Podcast – Late to the Game