Republish Reveal’s Content
Thanks for your interest in republishing a story from Reveal. As a nonprofit newsroom, we want to share our work with as many people as possible.
You are free to embed our audio and video content and republish approved written stories for free under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 license and will indemnify our content as long as you strictly follow these guidelines:
- Do not change the story. Do not edit our material, except only to reflect changes in time and location. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” and “Portland, Ore.” to “Portland” or “here.”)
- Please credit us early in the coverage. Our reporter(s) must be bylined. We prefer the following format: By Will Evans, Reveal.
- If republishing our stories, please also include this language at the end of the story: “This story was produced by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting, a nonprofit news organization. Learn more at revealnews.org and subscribe to their weekly newsletter at revealnews.org/newsletter.”
- Include all links from the story, and please link to us at www.revealnews.org.
- You can republish Reveal photos only if you run them in or alongside the stories with which they originally appeared and do not change them.
- If you want to run a photo apart from that story, please request specific permission to license by contacting Digital Engagement Producer Sarah Mirk. Reveal often uses photos we purchase from Getty and The Associated Press; those are not available for republication.
- If you want to republish Reveal graphics or data, please contact Data Editor Soo Oh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not compensate anyone who republishes our work. You also cannot sell our material separately or syndicate it.
- You can’t republish our material wholesale, or automatically; you need to select stories to be republished individually. To inquire about syndication or licensing opportunities, please contact Sarah Mirk, email@example.com.
- If you plan to republish our content, you must notify us firstname.lastname@example.org or email Sarah Mirk, email@example.com.
- If we send you a request to remove our content from your website, you must agree to do so immediately.
- Please note, we will not provide indemnification if you are located or publishing outside the United States, but you may contact us to obtain a license and indemnification on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.